PelliTec Blister Prevention Pads
If you suffer from blisters or rubbing in your footwear, this innovative product is for you. Read on to find out more!
Help with preventing and managing blisters
If you suffer with blisters when running, walking, playing sports, or at work, you have probably tried all of the tricks in the book, from plasters to creams, footwear changes and doubling up on socks. You may have also tried some of the many products that you can find at pharmacies or on the internet.
What is PelliTec?
We recently had the opportunity to meet the team behind this new and innovative solution to blisters and we have asked them to answer a few questions.
- Why is PelliTec different from other products that are on the market? The circular PelliTec pads stick to the inside of footwear not on the skin. The gel core of the pads moves with the foot to reduce the friction which causes a hot spot to develop into a blister. If a blister is already in place the pads will cushion the area and wick away any moisture reducing the risk of infection.
- How did you come up with this product? What is the story behind it? One of the inventors is a boxing coach and was frustrated with the traditional hydrocolloid based ‘stick on skin’ products being ineffective in preventing or treating blisters. He got together with a friend and they developed a crude prototype of a pad which they stuck to the inside of a boxing boot and it worked. They then met someone who helped them raise some money, a person who had worked at a senior level in the footcare industry and Podiatrist. This team took the initial prototype through several stages and PelliTec launched in the UK and USA in 2019.
- Are your plans to mostly focus on the sports and leisure industry, or do you see other applications for the product in the wider medical setting? Our ethos is to ‘keep people moving blister free’ whatever their activity. We have customers all over the world who use the pads in many settings – running, outdoor walking, military operations, general sports, dance etc etc. We are also conducting a trial in a large NHS Teaching Hospital to provide evidence of the pads helping in the management of diabetic foot problems. The trial is focused on establishing if the pads will prevent the recurrence of a diabetic foot ulcer in a high risk patient cohort.
- How can blister sufferers get hold of your product? Click here where you can buy packs containing either 2 or 10 pads.
- We have lots of readers who are podiatrists and physiotherapists. If they want to stock Pellitec in their clinics, how can they get hold of you? We have great relationships with many of the well known distributors to Podiatrists and Physiotherapists such as myfootcaresupplies, Algeos, DLT and Bailey ‘Foot Warehouse’. We would suggest going straight to them for supplies.
Below is a quick video demonstration of PelliTec and you can find out more information on the PelliTec website too.